Fürth was located on an important road that led through the Odenwald and along the Weschnitz river. Slightly elevated above a river ford, the old centre of the town clustered around the church. On both sides of the Weschnitz, to the west, stretched rows of farms of the so-called Unterdorf (lower village). The House from Fürth was built between the market square and river bank. It was probably originally a byre dwelling with an open hearth. One of the gable posts features the build year inscription, 1712.
In 1752, the then-owner Adam Luckhaupt acquired the licence to run a pub with accommodation for his inn, Schwarzer Adler (Black Eagle). His son inherited the business. In 1807, Peter Lennert and his family took over the estate that at some point in time accommodated a casino on the ground floor and guestrooms on the upper floor.
His son, Karl Daniel Lennert served Fürth as major and also as ombudsman for heritage conservation for a number of years. In 1910, his house was listed as a building of historic interest. After Lennert lost his wife and children to illness, his nephew Heinrich Lennert took over the Adler in 1925. In 1974, Heinrich sold the building to the municipality of Nidda which gave the old core structure of the inn to the Open Air Museum. During its reassembly in 1982, the interior of the building was adapted to its new function as a restaurant.