Built: around 1750
This small, two-storey dwelling stands at the north corner of the market square’s eastern row. At its original location, the trizonal byre dwelling had been part of a three-sided medium-sized farmstead. The feed room was located on the right side of the ground floor. Behind it were two small stables that were later demolished. By the time of dismantling, the windows had been modernised and the timber frame partially replaced with brickwork. In the museum, the house has been reconstructed as a bizonal dwelling.
In cooperation with the National Academy for Drawing Hanau, a goldsmith’s workshop has been installed inside the house that also offers courses as part of the museum’s crafts demonstrations.