Reassembled: 1980 to 1982
This two-storey byre dwelling was constructed in 1799. The outbuilding was added around 1821, using reclaimed timber in parts. Apart from the hall and the parlour on the ground floor, it provided bedrooms and storage rooms on the upper floor. The eye-catching unadorned oxblood-coloured timber structure is a contrast to the grey spray plaster with the white contour lines of the infills. The horizontally divided oak front door displays the date 1804 and a carved eight-point star. The door lintel bears the name of the couple who commissioned the building and the master builder: This house was built by Johan Phillip Debus and his wedded wife Anna Kattrina and master builder to Johan georg debus was Jacob Bauer from veßberg d 26. n. n. 1799.
In the museum, along the house’s eaves side facing the yard and the yard side of the outbuilding the ground is paved with black and white river pebbles in a diamond, as it was at the original location. The House from Launsbach is home to the museum’s permanent exhibition on emigration from Hesse to America.