Barn from Hadamar
Built: circa 1700
The original ornamental timber-framed barn from Hadamar dates from around 1700. It was part of the baroque Fohlenhof that belonged to the stud farm and the castle of the Counts of Nassau-Hadamar. In the mid-1970s, due to a repurposing of the site, the building had to make space for a new construction on Gymnasiumstraße. Although it was too late for a controlled dismantling of the building, the Open Air Museum was still able to carry out an on-site measurement of the structure. In 1991, the barn was replicated on the grounds of the Open Air Museum based on the documented floor plans. Today it is used as an events venue.