Built: circa 1900
This two-storey stable was originally part of a small farmstead located at the western border of the Burgwald forest in what is today the county of Marburg-Biedenkopf. The building in Engelbacher Straße 17 had been added onto an existing barn that belonged to the farmstead und was used as a stable and a workshop.
The building accommodates the fully furnished workshop of a rural whitewasher. The family business that had been founded in Idstein im Taunus in 1834 and continued until the 1950s, was also situated inside a stable barn. The inch-thick layers of paint on the workbench are an impressive testimony of decades of craft work.